Who is Dayton Gastroenterology?
We are a network of physicians and care providers across the Greater Dayton, Ohio, area providing the best digestive health care to our community. As the largest gastroenterology practice in the area, our board-certified gastroenterologists make decisions every day in the best interest of our patients and our community.
Our practice began in 2010 when a group of physicians noticed a need in the area for specialized digestive health care. Today, our team is still focused on providing treatment for digestive disorders in the digestive tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon. We also treat associated organs such as the pancreas and the liver.
To provide our community with excellent digestive health care in an efficient, compassionate, and cost-effective manner.
Exceptional Care. Every Patient. Every Time.
- Value – Our award-winning, accredited endoscopy centers save both time and money in comparison to hospital outpatient procedures.
- Integrity – Statistics published about our ratings, whether they are polyp detection rates or social media reviews, are never enhanced or covered over. Dayton Gastro is a completely independent practice. There are no outside entities influencing decisions about your care or treatment options.
- Continuity – Your care and safety are always the top priorities at Dayton Gastro. Our Physicians are dedicated to our patients and to the value and quality of care that Dayton Gastro provides.
- Accessibility – Dayton Gastro has offices located throughout Dayton, providing you with convenient options close to home for both office visits and procedures.
- Community – Dayton Gastro provides care to the entire Dayton area, whether it’s in the hospital setting, office, or endoscopy center. Our physicians take pride in caring for our entire community, and covering unexpected hospital visits is part of that care.
No Buts About It Charity & 5K
No Buts About It became a 501(c)(3) charity in 2008 with the purpose of saving lives of the local Dayton community through education and increased awareness of colon cancer and the importance of screening colonoscopies.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. However, it is the most preventable form of cancer, as screening colonoscopies allow gastroenterologists to detect and remove polyps in the colon before they ever get a chance to turn cancerous.
Many people are afraid to undergo the colonoscopy procedure, even though screening could save their lives. The idea of No Buts About It came about as a fun and cheeky way to raise awareness of a serious and often difficult-to-discuss procedure.
No Buts About It holds a 5K every March during Colon Cancer Awareness Month to promote the importance of screening colonoscopies and to also raise funds to be able to provide free screening colonoscopies for local uninsured patients who meet economic hardship criteria.
The 5K is a family-friendly event that draws a mixture of serious runners and people supporting the Colon Cancer Awareness Cause.
Dayton Gastroenterology is the presenting sponsor for the No Buts About It 5K.
Learn more about the No Buts About It Charity and 5K at their website.